Barcelona have agreed terms with Borussia Dortmund for the transfer of attacker Ousmane Dembele, subject to the completion of his medical.
Barca will pay an initial 105m euros (A?96.8m) for the France international, 20, who has agreed a five-year contract.
France international Dembele, 20, arrives to fill the void left by Neymar’s a��222m departure to Paris Saint-Germain; who paid the Brazilian’s full release clause earlier this summer for the largest transfer fee in history.
Barcelona said Dembele’s five-year contract will have a significantly higher release clause of a��400m. The club gave him the No. 11 shirt previously worn by Neymar.
FC Barcelona announced the official signing on Twitter.
a�� FC Barcelona (@FCBarcelona) 25 August 2017
a�?FC Barcelona and Borussia Dortmund have reached an agreement for the transfer of Ousmane Dembele for 105 million euros plus add-ons,a�? Barca revealed in a statement.
Barca coach Ernesto Valverde added: a�?He is a player who guarantees us depth, something that we have lost and that we need. He can play on the wing and also as a striker, and in that sense offers us many possibilities.
a�?He is fast, deep, technical and we hope he brings us many things.a�?
Dembele scored 10 goals in 49 matches last season and topped the Bundesligaa��s successful dribbles table, with 103.
He has already shown himself to be capable of making a brave decision as last summer he resisted the advances of Barca and Madrid to move to Dortmund from Rennes and ensure his development wouldna��t be restricted by a lack of game time. The 20-year-old will now have to show himself ready for the step up to the big time at the Camp Nou.
Dembelea��s move, following Neymara��s Barca exit, comes at a time the footballersa�� union FIFPro has blasted as a�?transfer market madnessa�?.
Dembele Transfer Dealings
Dembele has not featured for Dortmund since theA�German Super CupA�on 5 August. The German side rejected a bid from Barca for the forward earlier in August, with the player thenA�suspended for missing training.
Dortmund said they rejected Barca’s approach because their offer “did not correspond to the extraordinary footballing and additional value of the player and the present economic situation of the European transfer market”.
The final breakthrough was made on Thursday when Dortmund CEO Hans-Joachim Watzke and sporting director Michael Zorc met with Barcelona president Josep Maria Bartomeu, sporting executive Oscar Grau and director Raul Sanllehi during the Champions League draw in Monaco.
The winger announced his departure from Dortmund on twitter.
Visca BarA�a, Visca Catalunya ! ?Y��?Y�??Y��?Y??
a�� Ousmane DembA�lA� (@Dembouz) 25 August 2017